Fleur Bernadine

mostly london, sometimes hampshire

A Weird & Wonderful Weekend on Worthy Farm | Glastonbury 2022

 


Where to start, Glastonbury 2022 was an experience that I will never forget. I remember at several moments across the five-day event I'd be sat there just thinking what the eff, I'm at Glastonbury.


To be honest, this will not be one of those best tips for Glastonbury posts - this will be purely for my memory and if you're looking for all the top tips I recommend you head to one of the many dedicated Glastonbury blogs. 

Here's my rundown of the five days spent in a field in Somerset, or the parts I can remember anyways! 


Getting Tickets

I've never had luck getting Glastonbury tickets, I've tried numerous times and always failed until this year! My dad managed to get through during the resell and got three tickets; one for me, one for my brother and one for himself. Honestly, the amount of excitement I felt that evening was ridiculous. 


Wednesday

On the first day of annual leave and we packed up the car to make the two-hour journey to Worthy Farm. Parked the car and made the long walk to the campsite, now I won't lie it was hot - it was bloody hot, I thought I was gonna melt. The tent was pitched, and time for a well-deserved pint. Not a great deal was open on Wednesday so the majority of the day was spent sinking beers and having a salsa lesson at Glasto Latino. By the evening we headed to watch the fireworks which marked the start of the weekend. 


Thursday

So, funny story - I cannot deal with dirty hair, if you know me you know I just can't cope, so when in the weeks before Glastonbury my dad sent me a link to BlowFest a hairdressers on site, so you best believe I got my hair washed and felt bloody amazing. Thursday was spent exploring and drinking, we walked up to Glastonbury on Sea and Summerville. When people say you get those steps in they're not kidding. In total, I walked about 66 miles across the whole weekend.

At 8ish, I left my dad and brother to go explore. I headed to Shangra-la to see Hak Baker do an amazing acoustic set. At no point did I feel unsafe being alone, the community at Glastonbury was amazing. I headed back to find the fam for dinner and headed off for a night of exploring the night scene at Glastonbury.


Friday

Friday was a heavy one...more beers and some brilliant acts were seen. Starting the day with The Libertines to watching Inhaler with this random Irish bloke I accidentally befriended who had come to Glastonbury on his ones. The absolute highlight for me on Friday was Sam Fender, if you know me offline you'll know that my love for Sam Fender is unmatched. His stage presence and the crowd were top-notch. Dancing along with beer in hand with my dad is a core memory for sure. Post Sam Fender, it all gets a little messy...we went to watch Foals and have some grub and then I wished farewell to my dad and brother to catch Little Simz, here I met a group of Bristolians who I spent the entire night within Shangra-la dancing and having a class time - I told ya the community at Glastonbury was nice!  


Saturday

I won't lie, I wasn't feeling too peachy on Saturday morning so the morning did start a little slower. We headed to the Circus area and spent the morning chilling and recovering. I then went to watch Joy Crooks and Easy Life which were both top quality. More beers, more live music; it was a good day! Noel Gallagher was hilarious, we were dancing the sun was shining; life really did feel really good. Glastonbury was honestly the most out of world experience, the lack of phone service, everyone is so happy it's just felt like the happiest place ever (the booze probably helped this). The evening ended at The Arcadia watching Calvin Harris. 


Sunday

Ok, so I did die on Sunday. I think five days of constant drinking, walking miles and living on crisps took its toll and I was broken. We were heading back on Sunday night so we packed up our tent and took our bags back to the car, I won't lie this was awful (I think I nearly passed out) before heading back onto site for one last day on Worthy Farm. 


And that was that, a very very brief overview of my weird and wonderful experience on Worthy Farm. There is so much I could add but let's leave that on the farm.  It was one of the best weekends and I truly hope I get to experience it again. 


Glastonbury, I love you ♥

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top